Dole Tropical Gold Pineapple
The taste of sunshine!
Dole Tropical Gold Pineapples have a succulent sweet flavour because they have lower acid levels than regular pineapples. Not only are they delicious to eat, they're good for you. Tropical Gold pineapples contain many of the vitamins and minerals essential to good health.
How to choose your pineapple
Choose a pineapple that is fresh looking, appears heavy for its size and is firm - not soft. Avoid pineapples that are dark or brown in colour, are soft or weeping or that have dark spots, bruises or mould on the skin.
How to store
You can keep a whole fresh pineapple for a day or two without refrigeration but because Dole pineapples are picked ripe, our advice is to eat your pineapple as soon as you take it home. If you don't want to eat it straight away store it whole in the vegetable crisper of your refrigerator or better still, cut it up and store in an airtight container in the fridge where it will keep longer.
How to prepare your Tropical Gold pineapple
You will need a sharp knife and a chopping board to prepare your pineapple. There are many ways to cut a pineapple but here is a simple guide to help you get the most out of this delicious fruit.
- First ensure you have a very sharp knife, lay the pineapple down and cut off the top and the bottom.
- Stand the fruit on one end and carefully cut down the sides following the shape of the pineapple.
- Cut the pineapple in half lengthways and cut again into quarters.
- Remove the hard centre core from each quarter.
- Lastly cut into delicious bite-sized pieces or long 'spears' and eat immediately or store in an airtight container in the fridge.