Traffic Light SaladGreat to look at and great to eat you can mix the ingredients up in a bowl for a colourful salad or keep the ingredients in piles to look like a traffic light.
- ½ ripe Dole Pawpaw
- 1 large avocado
- 200 g cherry tomatoes
- lettuce leaves to decorate
- Cut the pawpaw in half lengthwise, scoop out the black pips and throw them away.
- Peel the pawpaw and cut into bite-size pieces. Put the pieces into a cereal bowl.
- Cut the avocado in half lengthwise and remove the stone. Place the halves of avocado flat side down onto a board. Cut each piece in half lengthwise again.
- Gently peel away the tough skin from each of the pieces of avocado and then cut into pieces about the same size as the pawpaw. Put them in another cereal bowl.
- Wash and dry the cherry tomatoes and cut them in half. Place in another cereal bowl.
- Now decide how you would like to serve your salad. If you want the traffic light look, a long plate will work well. Cover this in lettuce leaves and put the tomatoes at the top, the pawpaw in the middle and the avocado at the bottom.
- Drizzle with your favourite salad dressing.
- If you prefer, you can mix your salad in a bowl with a little of your favourite dressing and then put it into a bowl lined with lettuce leaves.
You can change the ingredients to match the seasons - in summer strawberries can replace the tomatoes, and if you can't find avocado, cucumber can be used instead.